California farmers since the Gold Rush.
Raley’s farmers for close to 40 years.
- Pears are a good source of fiber, most of which is contained in the pear’s skin.
- Pears are a good source of vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system.
Tips from Richard Elliot, Co-owner, Stillwater Orchards.
How to Select
- If you want the ripest pear to enjoy immediately, a yellow pear is best.
- Breaking Bartlett pears – transitioning from green to yellow – will need a few days to ripen.
- Green Bartlett pears should ripen within five days.
How to Store
- Store pears in the refrigerator or a fruit bowl where they’re visible.
- Check pears daily – they can go bad in a single day.
A Farmer’s Story
“One of the things we want to be is good stewards of the land,” Richard says. “We want to take care of it, we’re still farming the same land that we’ve farmed for 160 years. It’s still producing great crops and we still have some of the original trees, still producing fruit.”