Created by Ash Campas on June 7, 2017
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Serves: 6
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 firm but ripe peaches, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1 (14-oz.) package refrigerated pie crust dough, divided into 6 equal pieces
- Beaten egg and coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add peaches and toss until coated with mixture. Stir in butter and extract.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 7-inch circle on a lightly floured board. Prick the pastry with a fork.
- Place peach mixture and raspberries in the center of each, dividing evenly amongst the crusts. Bring edges of pastry up about an inch all the way around to enclose about half the fruit. Pinch the edges firmly to prevent them from opening during baking. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Place on baking sheet and brush pastry edges with egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place long thin bands of foil around the base of each to support the sides during baking. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm.