California and Raley’s farmers
for more than 10 years.
- Research suggests nutrient dense mushrooms may have protective benefits for brain health and memory.(1)
- The Blend – replacing a portion of ground meat with chopped mushrooms in recipes such as burgers and meatballs – cuts fat, adds nutrition and helps stretch your grocery dollar.
Tips from Bob Murphy, Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Premier Mushrooms.
How to Select
- Avoid dark circles, discoloration or any mushrooms that appear slimy.
- For white and cremini mushrooms, look for caps with a consistent white or dark brown color, respectively.
- Portabellas should have a firm, dark cap and a stem that’s a solid beige color.
How to Store
- Store in the refrigerator in the original packaging, which has a breathable wrap.
- To clean white and cremini mushrooms, rinse gently with water. Gently brush portabellas clean with a damp cloth.
A Farmer’s Story
Premier Mushrooms produces 330,000 pounds of mushrooms per week, all year-round. The farm uses Dutch technology in 64 climate-controlled rooms filled with metal growing beds.