Created by Carol Reyes on August 1, 2017
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 3h
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup each: 100% cranberry juice and cherry juice
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries*
- 1/4 cup almond liqueur (or add additional juice)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 lemon slices
- 6 Bartlett pears, firm but ripe
- Stir all ingredients except pears in a large slow cooker. Peel pears and cut in half; scoop out seeds with a melon baller and discard. Add pears to slow cooker, turning to coat with liquid.
- Cover and cook on high for 1½ hours or on low for 3 hours, turning pears over halfway through cooking. Remove from slow cooker and chill.
- Remove dried fruit from liquid with a slotted spoon and set aside. Discard cinnamon sticks and lemon slices. Place liquid in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced to a syrup; let cool.
- Place pears in 6 small bowls and drizzle with syrup. Top with reserved fruit.
*Dried cranberries will make this dessert a bit prettier and redder in color but we love the flavor and extra nutrition added by using dried cherries.