Family farmers stretching back generations.
Raley’s farmers for 3 years.
- Studies suggest that blueberries can protect against DNA damage, a leading cause of many age-related diseases.(1)
- Blueberries are believed to contain some of the highest amounts of phytochemicals, offering a variety of protective health benefits.
Tips from Asha Munger, Senior Director of Corporate Services, Munger Farms.
How to Select
- Their name says it all; look for bright blue blueberries for the freshest fruit.
- The white powder sometimes found on blueberries and grapes is called the bloom. The bloom is nature’s protection against bacteria and comes off when washed.
How to Store
- Stored in the refrigerator in their original clamshell packaging, blueberries can keep up to three weeks.
- Discard wrinkly or moldy blueberries.
A Farmer’s Story
“My grandfather, Lajpat Rai Munger, was a huge influence on our family,” Asha says. “He taught us how to work and be a family, a team and a member of the community.” Asha’s grandfather built a hospital and university to serve rural farming communities in India, which still operate today.
(1) Effect of a Wild Blueberry Drink Intervention on Markers of Oxidative Stress, Inflammation and Endothelial Functions in Humans with Cardiovascular Risk Factors, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22733001