- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Serves: 4
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 tbsp. each: butter and lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 8 small handmade-style corn or flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves and sunflower sprouts or pea shoots (optional toppers)
- Grill asparagus, onions and pepper over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly charred, turning once or twice. Thinly slice pepper and cut asparagus and onion into bite-size pieces.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add lime juice, vegetables and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Grill tortillas until lightly charred or cook on a lightly oiled baking sheet at 400°F for 5 minutes. Spread equal amounts of cheese on hot tortillas and top with vegetables. Sprinkle with cilantro and sunflower sprouts or pea shoots, if you like.