- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Serves: 4
- Wood chips or chunks soaked in water and drained
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 Raley's Beef New York steaks
- Preheat grill to medium. Place wood chips or chunks in smoker box and set on top of coals.
- Cut top off garlic head and remove papery coating. Place on a square of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper and seal edges of foil. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until garlic is soft when squeezed.
- Meanwhile, when wood chips start to smoke, season steaks with salt and pepper and grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until steaks are cooked to desired doneness. To serve, squeeze garlic out of the skin onto steaks and drizzle with garlic and herb oil from foil packet.