We used Badia spices on the Hispanic Foods aisle to help lower the cost of this tasty recipe. The glaze is also great on pork.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Serves: 6
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 (6-oz.) container fresh blueberries (1-1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 lbs. Raley’s fresh chicken drumsticks or thighs
- Puree watermelon and blueberries in a blender. Transfer to a medium saucepan and stir in remaining ingredients except chicken.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat slightly and boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture has reduced to a nice glaze, stirring frequently.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side or until it reaches 165˚F internally, brushing with sauce during grilling.